Boilers Addison Illinois
Whether you have a boiler or furnace, you need to take care and maintain it in order to heat your Addison home properly. If you do not take care of your boiler, it can cause significant damage to your home. Leaks can cause water damage that can be costly. It is important to get your boiler maintained, repairs when needed, and installed properly for ultimate efficiency.
Boiler Installation Addison
Do you know when to replace your boiler? It is recommended that a boiler should be replaced about every 15 years in your Addison residence. The reason you should replace it when it gets old if because it does not work as well and uses more energy. Old boilers tend to leak water, which causes damage to your home. Newer boilers are now more energy efficient and will save you money on your energy bills. Find an hvac technician you can trust to install your new boiler properly. An experienced and certified technician will:
- Assist you in choosing the correct boiler for your home
- Inspect the area for any damage from the old boiler
- Install safety devices
Boiler repair Addison
It is important to check your boiler to make sure it is working properly. If you notice you home is not as warm as it should be, then you probably need it repaired. You should call right away before the problems worsen. Some signs you need your boiler repaired are: leaks, bad smells, and not getting warm enough throughout your home. If you experience any of these issues, then you need to call your local hvac company right away. Fixing the issues right away will protect your home and property from any damage.
Signs your boiler needs repair
- Unusual smells- when your boiler is leaking, it can smell like gas or metal. Gas leaks are dangerous for your health and safety. Call your local hvac technician immediately if you notice any smells.
- Wear and tear- boilers wear over time and will need parts replaced as they age. Most boilers can last many years, as long as they get old parts repaired and replaced.
- Slow heating- when the heat turns on with boilers, you feel the warmth right away. If your boiler is not heating up fast anymore, it most likely needs a repair.
- Leaking- if your boiler is leaking, it can cause tremendous damage to your home. Get your boiler inspected so you can get it repaired right away.
- Noises- noises can indicate that your boiler has a broken heat pump, broken fan, or clogged. If you hear noises then call someone to inspect your unit right away.
- Bad power supply- if your boiler shuts off on its own then you may need to repair or replace the power supply. Or you might just want to check the fuse box.
Boiler Maintenance Addison
Routine boiler maintenance helps keep your boiler running efficiently. Maintenance checks also prevent your boiler from breaking and needing costly repairs. Poor maintenance leads to the most boiler problems. There are maintenance tips you can do on your own as well! Contact your local hvac company to see what you could be checking on your own
- Check the burners diffuser
- Check the boiler for leaks or hot spots
- Check the air movement
How a boiler works
A hot water boiler system heats water by using natural gas. The radiant heat sometimes feels warmer than a furnace to some because the radiant heat makes the room feel warmer while the thermostat is set lower. Radiant heat warms objects in a room, rather than heats a room through vents. Boilers are just as efficient as a furnace and it is based on preference, when choosing which is right for your home.
- Hot water boilers heat water
- Steam is moved through radiators to heat the home
- Can run on gas, electric, oil and even wood
Pros of a Boiler
- Energy efficient
- Consistent heat throughout your home
- Quitter than furnaces
- Great air quality
Cons of a boiler
- Takes longer to heat your home after you change turn the thermostat up
- More expensive to install because they are more difficult to install than a furnace
- Leaks can cause serious water damage to your home
Contact us today!
Keep your residential boiler working properly with our team at Bloomingdale Heating & Air Conditioning. We offer boiler replacement, installation, repair, and inspection services. Our technicians are highly certified and always provide quality work. We will help ensure that your family is warm all winter long! In order to keep your boiler working efficiently all winter long, we offer a Residential Maintenance Program. We provide repairs to all makes and models and you can trust our team to get the job done right. Our goal is to keep our customers happy and come back to us whenever they need our services.