Maintenance Plan FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers About HVAC Maintenance Plans
Why Get a Worry-Free Maintenance Agreement?
- Better energy efficiency – If your HVAC system isn’t tuned up annually, it’s energy efficiency declines about five percent a year. The regular care it receives under our Worry-Free Maintenance Agreements keeps it operating at peak efficiency, so you’ll spend less on heating and cooling all year long.
- Fewer costly repairs – A routine service visit gives us a chance to identify minor issues so you can get them fixed before they escalate into major problems that require more expensive repairs.
- Peace of mind – HVAC system problems often occur at the peak of the season when heating or cooling equipment is under the greatest amount of strain. With our Worry-Free Maintenance Agreements in place, you can rest easy that you’ll receive a prompt diagnosis, repair, and avoid extra costs like overtime fees.
- Longer service life – Well maintained HVAC equipment operates more reliably and lasts longer than equipment that’s neglected, so you can help your systems reach or even exceed its expected lifespan when you opt in for one of our Worry-Free Maintenance Agreements.
- Warranty compliance – If your equipment is covered under a manufacturer’s warranty and a component fails, our Worry-Free Maintenance Agreements provide you with proof that you’ve met the manufacturer’s requirements when you file a claim.
- Savings on service and repairs – Our Worry-Free Maintenance Agreements also come with discounts on services and repairs, as well as new equipment purchases and installations.
- Convenient automatic monthly billing – Available to credit card or debit card account customers.
- Professional service – Professional service is provided by our licensed, certified, skilled in-house technicians and installers.
- No service fees or trip charges – Service fees and trip charges are waived for our customers who take advantage of our Heating and Air Conditioning Repair Plan.
Will you change my filters?
Yes, we will change your filter if you already have a replacement on hand. We do provide filters for an additional charge.
When will the technician be at my home for the heating and cooling maintenance?
Call us at (630)581-8000 to schedule an appointment that is convenient for you.
We will perform Air Conditioner tune-ups in April and May during regular business hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00A.M. to 4:00P.M. and Saturday from 7:00A.M. to 12:00P.M.
Keep in mind that temperatures outside must be at or above 50 degrees Fahrenheit, and it must be dry in order for us to perform proper maintenance.
We will perform furnace or boiler tune-ups in September and October during regular business hours: Monday through Friday 7:00A.M. to 4:00P.M. and Saturday 7:00A.M. to 12:00P.M.
Can I use my furnace or air conditioner without having a maintenance appointment?
Yes. Although, it is highly recommended that you have your unit maintained before peak heating and cooling season. Having maintenance once a year should keep your system in good condition and your warranties valid.
How many times per year will I receive maintenance?
You will receive maintenance once a year for your heating system and once a year for your cooling system.
How much refrigerant will my cooling system be provided with during a maintenance appointment?
Up to a maximum of two pounds of replacement refrigerant, per annual term, is provided. If more than two pounds of refrigerant is needed, additional charges will apply.